ABUSED FAMOUS PEOPLE
- Marilyn Monroe, who died at the age 36, was passed around the foster care system as a child, and she suffered sexual abuse from the men in her life. Monroe was one of the first public figures to discuss her experience with abuse in public.
- Singer Billie Holiday was raped by a neighbor when she was only 12 years old at the time and she too died at an early age of 44.
- Talk show host Oprah Winfrey was raped by a relative when she was just nine years old. Winfrey has been vocal about her experience.
- Rita Hayworth was repeatedly raped by her father, who tutored and trained her as a dancer, when she was young.
- Jane Fonda had revealed that she has been the victim of sexual abuse, beginning when she was a child.
- Jane Fonda’s mother had been sexually abused at age eight and consequently killed herself at the age of 42.
- Mike Tyson had revealed his abuse that he suffered as a young child.
DEFINITION:– to maltreat; to misuse, to use with bad motives; to violate; to defile; to deceive, to impose on; to cause fear; to treat harshly; to use insulting language. Emotional abuse is usually the use of our words to undermine and attack a person or their worth or identity causing fear. What will be required is Deliverance especially for abuse and experiences of violence.
It was estimated that 460,000 Canadian women were victims of sexual assault in 2004. Only 8% went to the police to report the crime. One out of every six American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed, 2.8% attempted)
WHAT IS DELIVERANCE?
Deliverance is defined as “a rescue from bondage or danger.” Deliverance is often sought from evil spirits or the spirit of lust, jealousy, etc. We are told to “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Peter 5:8,9
All aspects of deliverance are available only through the person and work of Jesus Christ:” When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, ‘Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!’” Luke 10:17
Sexual abuse is the ultimate violation of the person. Considering all five- mental, emotional, physical, verbal and sexual abuse-sexual abuse causes more demonization than all the others combined. The sexual part of you is ultimately who you are as a person. When you are violated sexually, you are victimized; you are horrified; you are traumatized.
This so violates the natural laws of the universe that one can’t deal with it. This violation is so severe that the only emotional refuge is rage. The anger just comes out! What is tragic is if an abused youth is affected, it will when it becomes an adult tend to do the same thing to its children.